Smart Home Flood & Fire Devices
Regrettably, even the most attentive homeowners may experience floods or fires in their homes. In the last few decades, however, it’s been possible to reduce that risk with intelligent home devices which could detect danger before it’s time to wreak havoc on your house.
These devices are attached to a Wi-Fi system and also send you alerts through your smartphone when it finds something harmful. Below are a few wise devices you’ll have on your house to help prevent water damage and fire disasters. Find out more here
Smart Water Leak Detectors
- These streamlined battery-operated apparatus are put close to pipes fittings and appliances, like bathrooms, sinks, bathtubs, and water heaters.
- It is possible to set up them to immediately sound an alarm or alarm your smartphone (or both) if a leak occurs. This permits you to act quickly, whether you are at home or away.
- Some wise leak sensors include automatic shut-off valves which you can control remotely.
- For more control and protection, install a comprehensive flood tracking system, which you’ll be able to connect to a smart home security program.
Smart CO and Smoke Alarms
- These devices send an alarm to your own smartphone should they discover smoke or carbon dioxide (CO), or when the device has a low battery.
- Should you join them in a smart home security program, it may send alarms to your smartphone and the fire department in a crisis.
- A few wise smoke sensors can shut off your HVAC system when it finds smoke. This prevents smoke from spreading to other regions of the house.
- Use them in combination with fire/heat sensors for the very best protection against flame.
Smart Fire Detectors
- Smart fire detectors deliver an alarm to your own smartphone when:
- there is a quick increase in temperature (rate-of-rise detection) or
- the temperature reaches a predetermined point
- you are able to decide on mixed heat sensors that offer both stationary and rate-of-rise detection
- They may also be attached to a fundamental security system for improved management and security.
- In case you don’t need to substitute routine smoke alarms with intelligent ones, then equip them with intelligent batteries.
- Smart batteries deliver immediate smartphone upgrades if among those smoke detectors goes away or if the battery is reduced.
Smart Oven Shut-off Devices
- As cooking is the most important source of home fires, an automated toaster shut-off apparatus can help to prevent kitchen fires.
- They come as toaster knobs or as apparatus set up to a kitchen cupboard. It does this by utilizing a motion sensor that will tell if you’re in the kitchen. Should you leave the kitchen, then the system starts a timer also, if you are back in the kitchen from the end of the countdown, then it is going to shut the oven off.
- All these are electric outlets that you may turn off remotely through a program on your smartphone. That helps in the event that you’ve left home and are concerned you forgot to close off an appliance or perhaps your own lights.
- Smart sockets may be voice-controlled in case you have attached them to smart devices such as Google Home and Amazon Echo.
Despite the appropriate security measures in place, disasters may nevertheless happen. If this occurs, call the professionals that will assist you to get your house and life back on course. For skilled fire damage restoration and water damage restoration, then contact your regional PuroClean Barrie office.