Smart Home Devices to Prevent Flooding and Fire Disasters
Unfortunately, even the most attentive homeowners can experience fire or flooding in their homes. In recent years, however, it has been possible to reduce that risk with smart home devices which could detect danger before it has time to wreak havoc on your house.
These devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network and also send you alerts through your smartphone when it detects something dangerous. Below are a few wise devices you can have in your house to help prevent water damage and fire disasters.
Smart Water Leak Detectors
- These compact battery-operated devices are put near pipes fittings and appliances, like sinks, toilets, bathtubs, and water heaters.
- It is possible to set them up to immediately sound an alarm or alarm your smartphone (or both) if a leak occurs. This permits you to act fast, whether you are at home or away.
- Some wise leak detectors come with automatic shut-off valves which you can control remotely.
- For more control and protection, install a comprehensive flood tracking system, which you can connect to your smart home security program.
Smart Smoke and CO Alarms
- These devices send an alarm to your smartphone should they discover smoke or carbon monoxide (CO), or if the device has a low battery.
- If you join them to a smart home security system, it may send alerts to your smartphone and the fire department in an emergency.
- A few wise smoke detectors can shut down your HVAC system when it finds smoke. This prevents smoke from spreading to other areas of the house.
- Use them in conjunction with fire/heat sensors for the very best protection against flame.
Smart Fire Detectors
- Smart fire detectors send an alert to your smartphone when:
- there’s a quick increase in temperature (rate-of-rise detection) or
- the temperature reaches a predetermined point
- You can decide on mixed heat detectors that provide both fixed and rate-of-rise detection
- They may also be connected to your fundamental security system for better control and security.
- In case you don’t need to substitute regular smoke alarms with intelligent ones, then equip them with intelligent batteries.
- Smart batteries deliver immediate smartphone upgrades if among the smoke detectors goes away or if the battery is low.
- These batteries are compatible with smoke and CO sensors, as well as fire sensors.
Smart Oven Shut-off Devices
- As cooking is the main source of home fires, an automatic toaster shut-off apparatus can greatly help to avoid kitchen fires.
- They come as toaster knobs or as apparatus set up to a kitchen cupboard.
- A Smart oven shut-off device automatically turns off the stovetop or oven when cooking is left unattended. It does this by using a motion sensor that can tell if you are in the kitchen. If you leave the kitchen, the device starts a timer also, if you’re back in the kitchen by the end of the countdown, then it is going to shut the oven off.
- All these are electrical outlets that you can turn off remotely via a program on your smartphone. That helps if you’ve left home and are concerned you forgot to shut off an appliance or perhaps your own lights.
- Smart outlets may be voice-controlled in case you’ve attached them to smart devices like Google Home and Amazon Echo.
Even with all the appropriate safety measures in place, disasters may nevertheless occur. If that occurs, call the professionals that will assist you to get your home and life back on course. For skilled fire damage restoration and water damage restoration, then contact your regional PuroClean South Portland office or visit their website for more information.